We know that our patients deserve nothing less than the highest level of care and treatment when it comes to their orthodontic needs. For this reason, Orthodontic Consultants of St. Louis strives to deliver an orthodontic experience that is friendly, efficient, gentle, and rewarding.
At Orthodontic Consultants, we provide the most up to date care for all your orthodontic needs in a warm and friendly environment. Our new state-of-the-art facility offers computerized patient check-in, digital X-rays and imaging, and an in-house laboratory for your convenience.
Our Amazing Team
We know you will enjoy meeting our staff. Our team is a group of experienced, friendly, and professionally trained individuals committed to your excellent results. Our team takes pride in making sure our patients are comfortable and have everything they need to make their treatment a success.
The members of our clinical team are Certified Orthodontic Assistants through the Dental Assisting National Board and have Missouri Dental Board certification. They participate in continuing education courses annually to stay current on the latest techniques and procedures.
Keeping You Safe
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. As always, our staff will continue washing our hands frequently and often.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in our office to maintain social distancing.
- All clinical staff has been provided with n95 masks, face shields, and glasses.