Orthodontic Consultants of St. Louis
Saint Louis Orthodontist
Saint Louis Orthodontist: Orthodontic Consultants of Saint Louis
Orthodontic Consultants of Saint Louis is committed to providing quality care in a comfortable and efficient environment. Our state-of-the-art techniques and facilities are constantly updated enabling us to offer our patients the most comprehensive and timely treatment available. Few orthodontic groups are staffed by a doctor with such accomplished qualifications and professional involvement as Drs. Nissen. Our office is conveniently located in The Boulevard Complex across the street from the St. Louis Galleria Mall. Our new state-of-the-art facility offers, computerized patient check-in, digital x-rays and imaging, and an in house laboratory. At Orthodontic Consultants we strive to provide the most up to date care for all your orthodontic needs in a warm and friendly environment.
RETURNING TO A NEW NORMAL
Please read through the important information below. Don’t forget to click the last tab and update your email and cell phone information.
LETTER TO OUR PATIENTS
To all of our patients at Orthodontic Consultants:
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. As always, our staff will continue washing our hands frequently and often.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in our office to maintain social distancing.
- All clinical staff has been provided with n95 masks, face shields and glasses.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 314-727-6162.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Nissen and Team
NEW OFFICE PROTOCOL
Due to COVID-19 we have modified our check-in procedure for appointments.
Please make sure our office has your current cell phone number and email address. USE THE UPDATE CONTACT INFORMATION TAB.
Appointment Arrival Instructions:
Please read these instructions carefully and completely.
1. Arrive at 31 The Blvd St. Louis, St. Louis MO 63117 (our office), 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment. Park wherever you would normally. Text our office phone number, 314-727-6162, “[Patient name] has arrived.”
2. Remain in your car until you receive a text message from our office stating we are ready to see you.
3. At that time, please come up to our office and proceed directly to the room you will be seen in. There will be staff directing you to your designated room.
4. When your appointment is completed, you will be able to stop at the front desk, remaining 6 feet away (there will be a marked line), to make payments or schedule an appointment. You may call to do this as well.
New Guidelines for Appointments:
Below is a list of guidelines that must be followed in order to be seen in our office.
We will be running a very strict schedule to reduce the amount of traffic and contact within our office. Because of this, any patient who arrives 10 minutes late to their appointment will not be seen and must reschedule.
Only the patient scheduled is allowed to be at the appointment. If the patient is a minor, the patient may have one adult accompany them to their appointment, however, if at all possible, we ask that the adult remains in the waiting room during the appointment.
- When you enter our office, you must be wearing a mask.
- Within the office, we ask that you do your absolute best to remain 6 feet away from all other persons/patients.
- If you have traveled in recent days, please do not come to our office.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or are running a fever at all, we ask that you do not come in.
- We are doing our very best to keep the time in the waiting room at a minimum, however, if you are in the waiting room, please separate yourselves appropriately.
UPDATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Please make sure our office has your current cell phone number and email address.
WELCOME TO ORTHODONTIC CONSULTANTS OF SAINT LOUISTake some time to get acquainted with our services
Saint Louis Orthodontist: Dr. Richard Nissen
Dr. Richard Nissen, a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, received his bachelor’s degree from Iowa State University and earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Iowa College of Dentistry. He completed his orthodontic residency at Washington University School of Dental Medicine and received his master’s degree in orthodontics in 1985. He maintains a staff appointment as Assistant Professor at Washington University School of Medicine in the Department of Plastic Surgery, as well as Saint Louis University School of Graduate Orthodontics. Dr. Nissen serves as a Consultant at St. Louis Children’s Hospital Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Institute. He is also on staff at Mercy Hospital St. Louis where he directs orthodontic care for patients of the Cranio-Facial team. As an active member of the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association and the American Association of Orthodontists, Dr. Nissen frequently speaks at conferences and study groups for orthodontic professionals. Dr. Nissen has co-authored numerous articles on orthodontic treatment of cleft palate and craniofacial patients and wrote a chapter on orthodontics in Pediatric Otolaryngology Principals and Practice Pathways. Dr. Nissen and his family enjoy spending their summers in Telluride, Colorado. Dr. Nissen also enjoys volunteering his time at St. Louis Children’s Hospital, as well as Mercy Hospital.
Essential Information about Orthodontic Consultants of Saint LouisOffice Location, Hours, Appointment Information, Appointment Reminders
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 7:45 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. 2:00 P.M. – 4:45 P.M. Thursdays 7:45 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. 1:00 P.M. – 4:45 P.M. Closed Fridays Select Saturday’s 8:00 A.M. – 12:30 P.M.
31 The Boulevard St. Louis St. Louis, Missouri 63117 Phone:314-727-6162 Fax: 314-727-7259 email: email@example.com Richard J. Nissen D.D.S., M.S., P.C.
Don’t forget to download your forms, print them and fill them out before your first visit. It will save you time when you arrive. It is helpful if you schedule your next appointment as you leave each visit; this will enable us to offer selections that best suit your busy schedule Appointments that require more time (i. e. bandings, removals, longer adjustments) may be scheduled between 7:45am and 11:00am, and between 2:00pm and 2:30pm. Please be considerate and contact our office in advance if you need to reschedule your appointment time or date. Use the form below to subscribe to email or text reminders.
TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR OF OUR OFFICEOrthodontic Consultants of St. Louis state-of-the-art techniques and facilities are constantly updated enabling us to offer our patients the most comprehensive and timely treatment available
Register for Appointment Reminders
We now offer an email or text appointment reminder service. Use the Form Below to subscribe.